Wondering how far is Horseshoe Bend from Antelope Canyon and how to get from Horseshoe bend to Antelope Canyon in Arizona? Here are the answers!
- GETTING FROM HORSESHOE BEND TO ANTELOPE CANYON
- Where is Horseshoe Bend?
- Where is Antelope Canyon?
- How far is Horseshoe Bend from Antelope Canyon?
- Can you visit Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon in one day?
- Antelope Canyon-Horseshoe Bend itinerary
- Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend tour
- Where to stay while touring Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon?
- What is the closest airport to Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon?
GETTING FROM HORSESHOE BEND TO ANTELOPE CANYON
I have already written comprehensive guides for visiting Antelope Canyon and hiking Horseshoe Bend.
But you might be interested in visiting Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend in one day. Therefore, I am going to explain here how to get from Horsehoe Bend to Antelope Canyon.
Let’s repeat some basics and keep it short.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
Where is Horseshoe Bend?
Horseshoe Bend is located near the town of Page in northern Arizona in the USA. More precisely, Horseshoe Bend is located 4 miles (6.4 km) southwest of Page in Arizona. Or in other words, Horseshoe Bend is a 10 min drive from Page
Horseshoe Bend GPS coordinates: W 36-52-34.1 N 111-30-38.25
Where is Antelope Canyon?
Antelope Canyon is located near the town of Page in northern Arizona. More precisely, Antelope Canyon is located about 8 miles south of Page. Or in other words, Antelope Cayon is a 15 min drive from Page.
Antilope Canyon GPS coordinates: W 36-95-27-66 N 111-44-12.68
How far is Horseshoe Bend from Antelope Canyon?
Distance from Horseshoe Bend is to Antelope Canyon is only 9 miles. Talking about driving time, it takes max 15 minutes from Horseshoe Bend to Antelope Canyon by car.
Can you visit Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon in one day?
You can visit Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend in one day. I recommend visiting Antelope Canyon first in the morning and Horseshoe Bend in the sunset.
If you want to visit both of the canyons (Lower Antelope Canyon and Upper Antelope Canyon) and Horseshoe Bend in one day, I recommend going early in the morning to Lower Antelope Canyon (the first tours start between 7.30-8.00 am), then visiting Upper Antelope Canyon for the sunbeams between 11 am and 2 pm (the best time to see the sunbeams) and going in the late afternoon (for sunset) to Horseshoe Bend.
Antelope Canyon to Horseshoe Bend by car takes max 15 minutes.
Just to remind you, Lower and Upper Antelope Canyon can be visited only by taking a guided tour! Please, book your Antelope Canyon tours in advance especially as the tours for Antelope Canyon are frequently high in demand!
RECOMMENDED READ: Antelope Canyon Tips – Things You Should Before Visiting Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon-Horseshoe Bend itinerary
Recommended 1 Day Antelope Canyon Horseshoe Bend itinerary:
1. Early in the morning: visit Lower Antelope Canyon
A regular Antelope Canyon tour lasts 90 min on average
Here are Lower Antelope Canyon tour companies:
2. Between 11 am and 2 pm: visit Upper Antelope Canyon for sunbeams
Here are Upper Antelope Canyon tour companies:
- Adventurous Antelope Canyon Tours (go from the town of Page)
- Antelope Canyon Tours (go from the town of Page)
- Antelope Slot Canyon Tours (go from the town of Page)
- Navajo Antelope Canyon Tour (go from the Tribal Park Gate )
A tour lasts 90 min on average.
3. Lunch and afternoon rest
4. Late afternoon – sunset: visit Horseshoe Bend (as the best lighting for taking photos of Horseshoe bend is in sunsets)
Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend tour
If you prefer to visit both of them with a tour, here are some options:
- Antelope Canyon-Horseshoe bend from Las Vegas: Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Day Tour from Las Vegas
- Antelope Canyon-Horseshoe Bend from Flagstaff: Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Day Tour from Flagstaff
- Antelope Canyon-Horseshoe Bend from Sedona: Antelope Slot Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Day Tour from Sedona
- Lower Antelope Canyon- Horseshoe from Page: Lower Antelope Canyon/Horseshoe Bend Half-Day Tour from Page, AZ
Where to stay while touring Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon?
Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon are top natural attractions in Arizona. There are no hotels in Horseshoe Bend and there are no hotels in Antelope Canyon.
As I previously said, the nearest town to Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon is Page.
In other words, the city of Page is the only option to stay in if you want to see Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend.
Antelope Canyon is only 15 min drive from Page and Horseshoe Bend is only a 10 min drive from Page.
Here are my recommended hotels in Page AZ: Baymont by Wyndham Page Lake Powell, Hyatt Place Page Lake Powell, Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wingate by Wyndham Page Lake Powell
What is the closest airport to Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon?
The nearest airport to them is Page Municipal Airport. It s located only 1 mile east of Page with daily flights to Phoenix and Las Vegas.
Page Municipal Airport is served only by Contour Airlines (Page Municipal Airport – Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport), Linear Air (Page Municipal Airport – Las Vegas Henderson Sky Harbor), and Grand Canyon Airlines (Page Municipal Airport – Grand Canyon National Park Airport)
The nearest bigger airports to Horseshoe Bend in Arizona are Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport in Arizona and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport in Nevada.
Phoenix and Las Vegas are both 4-5 hour drive from Page.
Rent your car at Las Vegas-McCarran Airport, at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport or at Phoenix-Mesa airport, enter GPS coordinates (Horseshoe Bend GPS coordinates: W 36-52-34.1 N 111-30-38.25, and Antilope Canyon GPS coordinates: W 36-95-27-66 N 111-44-12.6), and enjoy your time visiting spectacular Antelope Canyon and magnificent Horseshoe Bend!
STEPS AND TRAVEL RESOURCES FOR YOUR PERFECT TRIP
1. Find and book your flight: Skyscanner
2. Find and book your stay: Booking.com, HotelsCombined.com
3. Find and book the best car rentals: Discover Car Hire
4. Get travel insurance (insure yourself against any accident, sickness, theft, and canceled flight): WorldNomads.com
5. Find and book great guided day tours: GetYourGuide, Viator