Are you planning your trip to Santa Barbara, and now you are researching Santa Barbara vacation rentals and Airbnbs in Santa Barbara?
Looking for the best Santa Barbara Airbnb to treat yourself with? Don’t worry. I’ve covered you.
Here’s the ultimate list of the best Santa Barbara Airbnbs.
- 18 BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNBS TO SUIT EVERY POCKET, EVERYONE’S NEEDS, AND TASTES
- 1. BEST LUXURY SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB
- 2. BEST LUXURY CONTEMPORARY AIRBNB VILLA IN SANTA BARBARA
- 3. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB WITH HOT TUBE
- 4. BEST AIRBNB IN SANTA BARBARA DOWNTOWN
- 5. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB OCEANFRONT
- 6. BEST PET-FRIENDLY SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB
- 7. BEST FAMILY-FRIENDLY SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB WITH POOL
- 8. THE MOST UNIQUE AIRBNB IN SANTA BARBARA
- 9. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB IN NATURE
- 10. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB ON BEACH
- 11. BEST SANTA AIRBNB RENTAL WITH THE BEST VIEWS OF SANTA BARBARA
- 12. BEST AIRBNB INN IN SANTA BARBARA
- 13. BEST AIRBNB BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN SANTA BARBARA
- 14. THE MOST ROMANTIC SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB
- 15. BEST VINTAGE BUNGALOW AIRBNB STAY IN SANTA BARBARA
- 16. BEST AIRBNB COTTAGE IN SANTA BARBARA
- 17. BEST HILLTOP AIRBNB IN SANTA BARBARA
- 18. BEST ADOBE-STYLE AIRBNB RANCH HOME NEAR SANTA BARBARA
18 BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNBS TO SUIT EVERY POCKET, EVERYONE’S NEEDS, AND TASTES
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful cities in California and the USA overall.
Sunny and shiny Santa Barbara in California is popularly called the American Riviera. Santa Barbara is one of the most famous vacation destinations in the US and an obligatory stop on the scenic drive from San Francisco to LA.
This graceful city is dotted with historic buildings, white-washed adobe-style houses, hacienda-style homes, modern villas, art galleries, fine-dining restaurants, fashionable resorts, pristine beaches, and surrounding majestic green vineyards hills. Stunning Spanish Colonial Revival and elegant Mediterranean Revival architecture dominate the landscapes of Santa Barbara, accompanied with wonderful examples of the Victorian styles including Italianate, Eastlake, and Queen Ann.
It is easy to have a great time on the American Riviera, thanks to superb landscapes, finest beaches, amazing art, bewildering architecture, interesting history, and great facilities.
But to make the best of your time, I’ve prepared a checklist of the best things to do in Santa Barbara:
- Have some great leisure-time and swim, sunbath, surf, kayak, paddleboard, play beach volley … on pristine sandy beaches in Santa Barbara: main Santa Barbara Leadbetter Beach, dog-friendly Arroyo Burro Beach, touristy East Beach, and busy West Beach
- Have fun in Santa Barbara Harbor: rent a kayak, jet ski, SUP, go for scuba diving, or enjoy in amazing restaurants in the harbor
- Stroll bustling State Street, the main and most famous avenue in Santa Barbara downtown with upscale shops and fine restaurants with fantastic settings for outdoor dining
- Visit Santa Barbara County Courthouse, built in the Spanish-Moorish architecture style with stunning mosaics
- Explore Old Mission Santa Barbara, known as the “Queen of the Missions” with marvelous La Huerta garden
- Visit Santa Barbara Museum of Art with a remarkable collection of European, American, and Asian artists in the State Street
- See historic El Presidio de Santa Barbara, the last Spanish military settlement built in northern California
- Admire Santa Barbara Botanic Garden entirely planted with native plants from California
- Take a wine tour and do some wine tasting
- Join a whale watching tour and see some of more than 30 different whales and dolphins in the Santa Barbara Channel
But, first of all, spoil yourself with a perfect airbnb in Santa Barbara.
Best Airbnbs in Santa Barbara
Here is the list of best Santa Barbara house rentals, best Santa Barbara condo rentals, best Santa Barbara room rentals, best Santa Barbara beach rentals … and more:
1. BEST LUXURY SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB
Hacienda Oceanfront is marvelous California’s Mission Revival style villa located on a cliff of a gated Spanish Adobe Estate.
This villa is the epitome of Santa Barbara! And this is the reason why I am starting this list of the best Santa Barbara airbnbs with it.
This luxury Mission Revival style villa comes with traditional stucco walls, vaulted wood ceilings, clay roof tiles, refined wood floors, and exquisite furniture.
Hacienda Oceanfront has 7 bedrooms, 8 beds, 8 baths, 2 living rooms with ocean views, a swimming pool, a spa, a fireplace, a barbecue … and it can accommodate up to 16 people.
The villa overlooks the beautiful Pacific Ocean, while a small private path takes to a sandy beach.
Inarguably, this is one of the best Santa Barbara rentals!
The villa is located only 4 miles from Santa Barabara downtown and 10 miles from Santa Barbara airport.
2. BEST LUXURY CONTEMPORARY AIRBNB VILLA IN SANTA BARBARA
This luxurious contemporary villa with spectacular views of Santa Barbara, the Pacific Ocean, mountains, and an island is set on a 2-acre property.
It has 7 bedrooms, 7 beds, 7 bathrooms and it can host up to 14 guests. The villa is available for minimum one month rent.
This luxurious contemporary villa is one of the most amazing luxury villas in the USA!
Undeniably, this villa grants unforgettable memories of Santa Barbara!
3. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB WITH HOT TUBE
Santa Barbara’s Tranquil Hideaway is a fantastic ranch style house with a saltwater pool, a spa, and a lovely outdoor area for relaxing and hanging out with family and friends.
This spacious and elegantly decorated house has 3 bedrooms, 3 beds, and 2 bathrooms and it can accommodate 8 people.
This is the best spa Airbnb in Santa Barbara for friends who want to have great leisure time in Santa Barbara.
It located in a quiet area of Santa Barbara but only a quick drive from Santa Barbara Downtown, Santa Barbara beaches, and Montecito.
4. BEST AIRBNB IN SANTA BARBARA DOWNTOWN
The peacefully located Victorian stay is a perfectly located Airbnb rental on the quiet dead-end of a charming street in Santa Barbara Downtown.
The adorable Victorian building was built in 1890, but the apartment has been recently completely renovated. The apartment holds 2 bedrooms, 2 beds, and 2 baths and it can host up to 6 people.
This centrally located Santa Barbara Airbnb rental is just a few blocks from the State Street Promenade, Santa Barbara Public Market, and a 15-min walk to the beach.
If you are looking for a peaceful Airbnb rental with an old times vibes in the heart of Santa Barbara, you should definitely check this rental out!
5. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB OCEANFRONT
Santa Barbara’s Surfers Paradise is a 4-bedroom villa with an absolutely amazing Pacific ocean view, Leadbetter Beach, Channel Islands, and Santa Barbara Harbor.
The villa is located on a cliff near Santa Barbara City College. The beach is accessed by the Beach Boardwalk and the Cabrillo Bike Path.
The villa holds 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, an inside hot tube and it can host up to 8 people. It is a perfect AirBnB stay in Santa Barbara for families and friends who would love to spend some leisure time on the beach and the ocean.
6. BEST PET-FRIENDLY SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB
I fell in love with this charming 1926 Casita at the first sight!
The casita is a genuine Spanish style Santa Barbara home. This adorable small house is beautifully decorated, cozy, romantic, and quiet. It comes with a fireplace, a backyard heated pool, and a gated front yard.
The casita is a pet-friendly Airbnb rental in Santa Barbara and it is located a short walk from a dog-friendly beach. A true paradise for dogs and the owners!
This stylish and cozy Spanish casita is located in Santa Barbara’s Mesa neighborhood with Spanish style homes built in 1926. It takes a 5-min walk from the house to Ledbetter beach (the most popular beach in Santa Barbara), 1 mile to Santa Barbara downtown, and 1/4 mile to Santa Barbara Harbor.
The location is especially appealing to the joggers, dog-walkers, bikers, surfers, sunbathers, and even to the hikers for the trails taking to splendid views of Santa Barbara and Montecito.
7. BEST FAMILY-FRIENDLY SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB WITH POOL
The Poolside Retreat is a gorgeous ranch style home in a peaceful Santa Barabara neighborhood built-in the ’60s with amazing ranch style homes.
This beautiful and cozy home has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. The central part of this lovely home is the bright and warm family room looking on the lovely patio with a swimming pool that comes with a jacuzzi.
The Poolside Retreat is loved especially by families who seek a serene base with a superb location to easily explore Santa Barbara.
8. THE MOST UNIQUE AIRBNB IN SANTA BARBARA
The Whale House is absolutely amazing 4-floor house created by Michael Carmichael, an architect inspired by the works of Antonio Gaudi.
The house represents a whale who swallowed a ship. The inner courtyard is the heart of the whale and the house. The central part of the whale’s body and the house are the kitchen, dining room, and living room connected in a 360-degree circle and overlooking the pool below which magically flows into the tail of the whale. a
This architectural masterpiece is a luxury villa with 4 floors, 3 bedrooms, 5 beds, 3 baths, an indoor fireplace, an outdoor pool, an enclosed outdoor shower, a barbecue … It accommodates up to 6 people.
The house is located in Mission Canyon, a wooded neighborhood of Santa Barbara. The Santa Barbara Mission, Rose Garden, the Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens are within a few minutes’ walk.
9. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB IN NATURE
This yurt is located on an 11-acre hillside private property in untouched nature, but only 12 min from Santa Barbara downtown.
The property comes with a pool and a hot tube. Furthermore, the property is a peaceful paradise-like gated private land, only 2 miles away from busy Santa Barbara downtown.
The yurt comes with a wooden floor, a round skylight at the top, and a firm canvas. It accommodates 2 people who seek serenity and romance only a few steps from the energetic ‘American Riviera’.
Be aware there’s no wifi on the property. This unique Airbnb rental is created to help you to completely immerse yourself in nature, to recharge your batteries and rejuvenate, but at the same time to be able to explore Santa Barbara in a few minutes.
10. BEST SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB ON BEACH
Romantic Beach Spanish Duplex is a classic Spanish style duplex home from 1930’s.
While there are no Airbnb rentals on a beach in Santa Barbara, this adorable house is conveniently located within walking distance of a beach and 2 blocks from the center of Santa Barbara and all Santa Barbara attractions.
The Airbnb in this classic Santa Barbara beauty has 2 bedrooms, 3 beds, and 1 bathroom and it can accommodate up to 6 people.
If you want to be next to a beach, and near famous Santa Barbara tourist spots, then check out this rental.
11. BEST SANTA AIRBNB RENTAL WITH THE BEST VIEWS OF SANTA BARBARA
Villa Riviera is an elegant luxury villa with amazing views of Santa Barbara.
The villa has 4 cozy bedrooms, 5 comfy beds, 3 elegant bathrooms, a spa, and an office. It comes with a barbecue, a homey fireplace, and elegant furniture.
The villa hosts up to 8 people. It is more than a perfect stay for families.
If you are planning a family vacation in Santa Barbara and you want to see how it feels to live in a true Santa Barbara villa with awe-inspiring views, then check out this villa!
12. BEST AIRBNB INN IN SANTA BARBARA
Tiffany Room – Bath Street Inn B & B is a cozy European-style Inn located near the center of old Santa Barbara and within a short walk to Santa Barbar downtown
It is a warm and charming stay offering full breakfast daily. Bath Street Inn is a perfect stay for weekend gateways.
13. BEST AIRBNB BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN SANTA BARBARA
Hideaway Santa Barbara ADA Queen Fireplace is a beautifully decorated room in a charming new boutique hotel.
This elegant, stylish hotel and a bit homey hotel was massively renovated in 2019.
The hotel provides free parking on premises and it is located within walking distance to the beach and very close to all the tourist sites in Santa Barbara.
14. THE MOST ROMANTIC SANTA BARBARA AIRBNB
“Emmanuel Blanc Villa” is a beautiful house with a lovely garden located in Santa Barbara downtown in close proximity to all Santa Barbara attractions.
The house is designed by a famous architect and the interior by a famous interior designer. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 beds , 1 bath and can host 4 people.
This lovely home is a perfect romantic stay for couples who feel at home when away from home.
15. BEST VINTAGE BUNGALOW AIRBNB STAY IN SANTA BARBARA
This aesthetically pleasing home is a spacious vintage Spanish-style bungalow on a gated property in the West Mesa neighborhood in Santa Barbara. This sweet and peaceful stay comes with a heated pool, a spa, a fireplace, a covered front porch, and a barbecue. It feels like a private sanctuary!
Please, don’t be misled by photos. The bungalow is in fact very spacious and even more charming than it might look in the photos.
This incredible bungalow is located within walking distance to some truly amazing beaches. Even more, it is a true hidden gem in Santa Barbara!
16. BEST AIRBNB COTTAGE IN SANTA BARBARA
La Petite Maison Blanche is a classic Victorian cottage with a cute backyard in the center of Santa Barbara downtown.
This intimate cottage is owned by an architect and a world traveler who filled the house with some unique and amazing artifacts from around the world. This adorable place goes on the list of the coziest and the most romantic airbnbs in Santa Barbara. And one of the best airbnbs in Santa Barbara downtown!
The house has 2 bedrooms, 3 beds, 1 bath and can host up to 6 people. Just to mention, bikes are available at the house too!
The cottage is located within walking distance to State Street, teathers, coffee shops, restaurants, galleries, the Funk Zone and the Urban Wine Trail, the beaches …
If you are looking for a cozy stay in Santa Barbara downtown, check this airbnb out!
17. BEST HILLTOP AIRBNB IN SANTA BARBARA
Ocean View Hilltop Retreat is a wonderful secluded Airbnb stay on a picturesque hill in a dreamy Santa Barbara canyon.
This exceptional home is a super spacious and airy vacation rental. It has superb views of Santa Barbara Harbor and canyons. The house has 3 bedrooms, 4 beds, 3 bathrooms, 2 patios, an indoor fireplace, a jacuzzi, a dedicated workplace, an outdoor barbecue, the bocce ball court, a large picnic table, yoga mats …and it can host up to 6 people.
This hilltop house is a great staycation for families who prefer some quiet time in relaxing Santa Barbara hills.
18. BEST ADOBE-STYLE AIRBNB RANCH HOME NEAR SANTA BARBARA
Rancho Mesa Escondida Adobe House is a gorgeous ranch home in Carpinteria in Santa Barbara County and only 15 min drive from Santa Barbara downtown.
The peaceful organic avocado and citrus 18-acre ranch and the house beautiful views of the ocean, canyons, and mountains. This amazing adobe-style home was built by famous adobero Pete Aquilar, and it is wonderfully furnished with the finest Spanish antiques.
This lovely adobe-style home has 3 bedrooms, 4 beds, 3 bathrooms, a gym, a dedicated workplace, a wood fireplace, a patio with a swimming pool with amazing ocean and mountain views.
If you would like to stay in a traditional adobe-style ranch home in a peaceful organic ranch in close proximity to Santa Barbara, you should check out this house!
What is the closest airport to Santa Barbara?
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) is the closest airport to Santa Barbara. The airport is located only 8 miles from Santa Barbara downtown. There are about 40 daily flights to Santa Barbara from all major US hubs: San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.
- Click here to find out about cheap car rentals in San Francisco
- Click here to check out car rentals in Oakland
- Click here to check out great car rental deals in Sacramento
- Click here for great car rentals in Seattle
- Click here for great car rentals in Chicago
- Click here for great car rentals in Dallas
- Click here for great car rentals in Denver
- Click here for great car rentals in Salt Lake City
- Click here for great car rentals in Phoenix
- Click here for great car rentals in Las Vegas
- Click here for great car rentals in Los Angeles
STEPS AND TRAVEL RESOURCES FOR YOUR PERFECT TRIP
1. Find and book your flight: Skyscanner
2. Find and book your stay: Airbnb
3. Find and book the best car rentals: Discover Car Hire
4. Get travel insurance (insure yourself against any accident, sickness, theft, and canceled flight): WorldNomads.com
5. Find and book great guided day tours: GetYourGuide, Viator
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: